Note:

Elder Wadman does not access this blog directly. Messages should be sent using the contact information listed on the side

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gah I'm on a Mission!

[Note: items in blue brackets have been added for clarification]

This has been super crazy! Everyone speaks Spanish all the time! I can understand the majority when I'm locked in and focused, but it's hard to be laser focused on what people are saying for hours and hours at a time without the luxury of worrying about anything else! I'm going to get the pictures sent now. Actually never mind I don't have my cord....
 
Elder Rojas is a really good missionary although with conference and his decision that I needed to get to know the members my first two days here, we've honestly done next to nothing and I'm not happy about it. It should go well this week though, I really think he's a good hardworking missionary, we just haven't been doing what he normally does. I hope and pray that's the case at least. If it's not, we're going to be doing something about it real quick, don't you worry. I can be aggressive in Spanish too, if I really think about it.
 
I'm in a city called Teziutlan. It's actually kind of funny it's a cold part of the mission and I'm headed into winter, so it's definitely going to be an adventure for the next 11 weeks. It's really pretty here and I like it a lot though. One morning I accidentally locked us out of the room so I had to climb two stories on my sketchy building in pajamas and slippers to squeeze through a window. I'll go ahead and send you a picture of that next week.
 
I listened to the majority of conference in Spanish but a few of the talks I went in with the other Guerros and listened in English. I loved Elder Oaks talk. I'm so sick of loving Christians and Mormons who don't feel the need to love others despite their beliefs. And I'm realizing how hypocritical that sounds. I hope you guys are doing well, and I'll admit that conference made me a wee bit homesick.
 
My studies have been interesting and good, I just have SO MUCH to do and learn and start committing to memory, Spanish most definitely included. I'm hoping six weeks from now I know when to get off of the van/buses they have and where I'm going most of the time, but we'll see. I'm with Elder Rojas for 12 [weeks], so I've got some breathing room.
 
Love you!
 
Elder Wadman

No comments:

Post a Comment