Note:

Elder Wadman does not access this blog directly. Messages should be sent using the contact information listed on the side

Sunday, April 3, 2016

2 Weeks in and a Baby!

[Note: items in blue brackets have been added for clarification]

Hey Guys!

I'm writing today instead of Monday because the Assistants [to the Mission President] called me today and told me I'm headed back to Xalapa on Monday to pick up a new missionary to train here in Vega!!! Now that I've been in my area for a grand total of 19 days or something like that...

Anyway I'm excited to make the most of it! But it means my P-day [preparation-day] is today, between [sessions of church general] conference, while I'm here in a different city. So we'll see when on earth I manage to get my clothes washed and buy food.

I didn't really know this was going to happen, so I'm not ready and armed with pictures, but I'll try and give you guys a rundown of the week.

This week I only got to work 2 and a half days in my area. Sunday we were occupied with the details of bringing 40 people to the beach and baptizing a bunch of them, and eating at 7 pm for the first meal of the day. Monday we worked from 6 to 9 like normal, and then Tuesday we went to Martinez de la Torre so I could teach my district class. From there I went to the area of some of the missionaries in my district to do their baptismal interviews for a family. They live between Martinez and Vega. The people weren't in their house for the first time ever, so I ended up staying with [the missionaries from that area] that day. I went to work with one of them and sent my companion with the other to give them a hand.  I did the interviews on Wednesday morning. We got to Vega to take a quick shower and work from Wednesday afternoon until Friday when we came BACK to Martinez to go to [general] conference today in the morning. Then about four hours ago they informed me that Monday I need to be in Xalapa to pick up my new companion. So.. it´s been kind of hard getting a good amount of traction in my area. 

I'm listening to general conference with 2 questions in mind, because honestly with 20 months in the mission, for whatever reason it's not as easy as it was before to give EVERYTHING, all day, all the time, and I'm remembering last time I trained and the struggles we had to find success when I know that I really did give everything. My first question is how I can learn to serve the Lord with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength, and the second is one that the Assistants asked me to write down, how can I be a better trainer for my new companion? 

Any thoughts you guys have are also welcome. (That goes for the people that read the blog too!)

I'm excited and humbled by the work the Lord has left me. Vega is a place that is ready for the gospel. Before I came people were flocking to the church. I hope I can live worthy to keep up the good fight!

I love you guys and I'm excited to hear from you on Monday the 11th, when I've got a chance to read my email again!

Lots of Love,

Elder Wadman

No comments:

Post a Comment