Note:

Elder Wadman does not access this blog directly. Messages should be sent using the contact information listed on the side

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Monday, May 4, 2015

Hey!!

I'd send pictures of the house and stuff but this cyber doesn't read SD cards. 

Anyway it's awesome we have this huge view of the river like 30 meters from the house because we live on a hill and the roof of the house below us is our patio. And the river is huge. My companion is Elder Gonzalez, he was actually in Alamo his first 6 months, and left for Tuxpan when I got there. He has one change more than me in the mission, and he's the District Leader. At least according to him it's more than likely he will leave after this change since he will have had 6 months in Tuxpan, and I'll be left as the district leader. It's weird because a ton of elders who got here with me and after me are leaders and senior companions and stuff. I also finally don't feel like the little kid of the group because a ton of new guys are here, so it's not just people with a year or more and me anymore!!!

Elder Gonzalez is from Panama and he's awesome. We work and get along and like the same stuff and think the same way in a lot of stuff and I just know God wanted to give me one change to enjoy and improve before he threw me in the mix again!!!

In other news, things got crazy. Because so many missionaries went home, they cut the missionaries in my ward here from 6 to 4 and gave us all of the area of the old missionaries in addition to ours. Then this first Sunday, they created a branch across the river in the Island place, Santiago de la Peña. I haven't gone there yet. But they also sent the other two missionaries in my ward to the branch and cut their area in half. So basically I'm arriving to inherit 3 areas that I have to learn and navigate in the next 5 weeks because my companion is on the way out. So that's kind of crazy. 

We're finding a lot of people, but getting them to church is another story, hahaha! Also I'm soo going to gain weight here! The members give us awesome food and it's an actual city with actual things here!! Alamo was pretty tiny. I LOVE TUXPAN though, and I'm hoping this will be my first area with 6 months, but we'll see. More than likely I'll hit the year mark here. The weather has been nice this week, but apparently it's going to get crazy hot this month. Like humid and 120. We'll see what happens! 

Anyway, love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment