Note:

Elder Wadman does not access this blog directly. Messages should be sent using the contact information listed on the side

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Monday, April 6, 2015

Glad to know mom is doing a little bit better!!

I LOVED CONFERENCE. Like seriously, we got to the end of the last session, and I wanted to cry because it was like saying goodbye to a good friend for 6 months. Elder Uchtdorf gave a talk specifically that really taught me about the things I need to change personally in my life out here, and President Monson did kind of hint at the fact that I need to get over my problems and accept that I can find success in my mission. 

One thing I came to realize, and I don't really remember in which talk I realized it, was that I have the problems I have right now because the problems were already there, and God chose ME to fix them. Not that I've done the best job, but that's been a comforting thought. I realized that when we don't feel real and sincere gratitude for God, it's because we lack the sufficient degree of repentance that he requires. Well, I learned a lot of stuff, mostly. 

It was really cool to talk to an investigator that was going for the first time to church who said she felt that several of the messages were aimed at her. I was also surprised by the amount of focus that was placed on marriage and the family, although most of it is only really relevant to the people I'm teaching right now, until I get home. Sounds like it's been a really wild week there, with hospital visits and engagements all over the place!

I've been enjoying the fruit here. I'm going to be sad when I live in a place without fresh mango... And of course here I just eat a ton of oranges. With the meals though, we don't get a lot of fruit. People kind of treat fruit as a snack food more than anything. 

Anyway, not a lot of other news for the week, besides the mission is going to be shrinking because 40 missionaries or so are going home and 8 are arriving. We're closing my house at the end of this transfer (the 26th), and although that doesn't specifically mean that Elder Mota and I both will get transferred, since I have more time than anyone else in Alamo, I'm more than likely on my way to a new area. Until then, just trying to do everything I can here and trying to learn the lesson God at least hopes I'm capable of learning while I'm here. 

Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment