Note:

Elder Wadman does not access this blog directly. Messages should be sent using the contact information listed on the side

Thursday, September 11, 2014

August 24, 2014 #2

[Note: items in blue brackets have been added for clarification]

The sleeping schedule is really easy actually. For whatever reason it's just not an issue. We got up at 6:15 to do laundry before I emailed you this morning, and I was up and about and fine. I went to the temple a few hours ago, that was really great. My companions name is Elder Seely and I said a bit about him in the letter, but that was a while ago. He's great, we both break into random harmonized hymns all the time and we think the same things half the time and both work hard in the language and in being obedient. We get along really well and we have a lot of the same priorities. He just finished his first year at BYU and now he's just down the road, so it's a little bit weird for him. We both talked a lot about the temple after we were in the Celestial Room [of the temple], and that was really cool too. He abandoned me in the laundry place on accident, but I guess I can forgive him.
Church was pretty cool. I like my Branch President, but the entire presidency is going to be gone for the rest of the week so we have replacement people for a little bit. It's so cool though because they just barely know us but we can feel the love of the presidency and their wives almost immediately. I passed the sacrament on Sunday to our little branch of 40 missionaries and random missionaries got called to give 3 minute talks in Spanish on faith, I didn't get called, but of course I was ready! I'm stopping by the Mexican consulate next Tuesday to tell them where I'm going and why I'll be there and all that stuff, so that will be fun.
 
I'm learning a lot about Spanish but we've also been focusing on the missionary purpose and the importance of understanding investigators individually. Most of the scripture knowledge is stuff we pick up in our own personal study.
 
Basically, I have 3 blocks of class every day and it feels like we're always going to a meal. One of the blocks we have a teacher, one we have study time (personal, companion, language) and one of them we teach an investigator and do some of the other work we have to do to keep up with all of our commitments to memorize things and do pre-work for Spanish lessons. It's kinda crazy the first few days because they give you stuff to do and no time to do it, but now we have study time so that's probably good.
 
Still have to work out the picture thing, I'll try to get some to you next week. I only have one so far anyway so I'll get on that.
 
Love,
 
Elder Wadman
Elder Seely - Caught in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment