Note:

Elder Wadman does not access this blog directly. Messages should be sent using the contact information listed on the side

Thursday, September 11, 2014

August 24, 2014 #1

[Note: items in blue brackets have been added for clarification]

I hope you get the letter I sent sometime soon! I put it in the Mail Monday morning, and then Tuesday evening I'm getting all these threats about you calling the MTC [Missionary Training Center]. I don't have P-days [Preparation day] until Wednesday, so I didn't get one last week! Things have been going well here, I'm getting along well with the district and we're teaching our "investigator" in Spanish most days. He told us that he wanted to be baptized after our second lesson, but still had some concerns and questions. I understand him pretty well and he knows what we are saying to him, but there are a lot of things that we don't know how to say or say kind of badly. It's been a long time since I've done all of these conjugations, so that's been crazy!

I really appreciate all of the letters I've been getting! It's great to hear from you. I don't know if I told you about Elder Bednar's talk in the letter I sent, but I don't think I did. He wasn't here, don't worry it wasn't that crazy, but we watched a video of a talk he gave here last Christmas (or whenever it was that Christmas fell on a Sunday....) anyway it was a wonderful talk about the "Character of Christ" and the way that in every situation he turned out and worried about others, like after he fasted and was tempted by Satan, he didn't actually get ministered to by angels, the Joseph Smith Translation explains that he sent angels to minister unto John the Baptist in prison. His life was full of these sort of examples. Elder Bednar explained that there is a difference between having a testimony of the Gospel and being converted to the gospel. People who are truly converted to the Gospel of Christ never fall away as the personally connect with the character of Christ and follow his example to the best of their ability. People who keep acting like the cookie monster (yes Elder Bednar imitated the cookie monster-- I WANT  BAPTISM NOW!!!) and focus on themselves may have testimonies, but still are dangerously close to falling away from the truth.

I'm doing my email in 2 half hour chunks, so if you respond in the next few hours, I can probably get back to you later today. I love you, I love the letters, and I'm glad things are going well at home.

Elder Wadman

No comments:

Post a Comment