Note:

Elder Wadman does not access this blog directly. Messages should be sent using the contact information listed on the side

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Monday May 16, 2016

[Note: items in blue brackets have been added for clarification]

Hey Guys!!

This week went a little bit better than the last one. Five people got to church, but the really exciting thing is that all of them are from different families where they have family members who also wanted to go but couldn't! We're really hoping that this week we can work with them to get them going to church with us too.

Changes were yesterday, but Elder Cáceres and I are going to stay together here in Vega, so at least until the 26th of June I'll have the chance to see what we can do, and then we´ll see If the Lord is going to let me stick around here for the last 6 weeks (hoping so!)

I'm grateful for the opportunity to be out here, and grateful for the example that you guys have set for me, that keeps me working to be better and not settle for letting things go my last few months.

We had a conference with Elder Falabella this week and so we were in Xalapa Thursday night and Friday during the day. We got on the bus here in Vega, and the Assistants [to the Mission President], Elder Ibáñez and Elder Marin were on the bus coming back from a conference on the north end of the misión, so we stayed in their house and ate pizza and root beer floats. (Apparently they had gone shopping on Monday). It was good to see them again, now that I am in my little corner of the misión.

Elder Falabella talked about the atonement and repentance, and the process of conversión in our lives. Then he talked to us about the importance of teaching families, and working with those less spiritual dad's who usually don't want to talk about us. He gave some good ideas about how to help people stay in the church, and it was a really great experience.

Let me throw some pictures up here,


This was district class! We decided to order some pizzas...
Here is a picture with all of my sons! We all ended up in the same conference here on the south side of the misión. These are all of the missionaries that I have trained.
And since it was p-day, I started teaching my convert about Christ's earthly ministry while we washed the clothes in his house and he pulled out his old book that the Jehovah's Witnesses had given him that had some images of things that Christ did. So, definitely taught the restored góspel with images from their book. And then he gave it to me as a gift haha. I guess I'll finally learn 'What the Bible really teaches'.

And the storage room [that mom and dad cleaned out] does look much better!

Can you find me?

Mission Conference Photo 1

Mission Conference Photo 2

No comments:

Post a Comment